Terms and Conditions: St. John’s International Airport 75th Anniversary Contest
- CONTEST DATES: This contest is open to legal residents of Canada (except residents of the province of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, other than those specifically disqualified in Rule 7. Contest entry: July 26, 2017 (starting at 09:00 a.m. NST) to September 20, 2017 (ending at 11:59 p.m. NST). Winner will be notified no later than October 4, 2017.
- DESCRIPTION and HOW TO ENTER: This is an online contest. No purchase necessary. To enter, you must enter a submission online at www.yyt75.com. Contestants may only enter once. You may also enter by e-mailing your story to email@example.com. All entries become the property of St. John’s International Airport and none will be acknowledged or returned. By submitting these entries, an individual consents to the use of any submissions or photos to be shared on social media platforms and the St. John’s International Airport Authority website, and for any publicity purpose connected with this contest.
- LIMITS ON ENTRIES: You may submit one (1) entry during the contest period. Chances of winning is based on the number of entries received. At the end of the contest period, there will be a random draw from all entries received. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: On or before October 4, 2017, the contest winner will be randomly drawn electronically from all entries received. The chance of an entrant’s name being drawn for the Grand Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Attendance is not required at the draw. If St. John’s International Airport Authority is unable to contact the potential winner after reasonable effort; if there is a failure of the potential winner to respond within ten business days of first attempted notification; if a prize notification is undeliverable; or if the prize is returned, it will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. St. John’s International Airport Authority and Air Canada are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever, including its own negligence, of a selected winner to receive notification or for St. John’s International Airport Authority and Air Canada to receive a selected winner’s response.
- GRAND PRIZE: One Grand Prize is available to be won in this Contest. It consists of a round-trip Economy Class air travel ticket for one (1) adult person, plus one (1) travel companion, valid for travel direct to any Air Canada scheduled destination in North America including Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean to and from St. John’s, NL.
- GRAND PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
i. Flights apply to Air Canada direct service to any Air Canada scheduled destination in North America including Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean to and from St. John’s, NL. Transportation is valid on board Air Canada/Air Canada Express/Air Canada Rouge scheduled flights only (not valid on Star Alliance partners or code sharing carriers).
ii. All travel must be completed by November 30, 2018 and is subject to space availability at time of booking.
iii. Blackout dates apply:
December 17, 2017 to January 8, 2018.
March 28, 2018 to April 3, 2018
July 28, 2018 to August 12, 2018
iv. Exact value of the Prize depends on point of departure and destination as well as time of travel.
v. No changes permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed and tickets have been issued.
vi. Travel does not qualify for frequent flyer mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program.
vii. Winners are responsible for all fuel, insurance, NAV CANADA surcharges, taxes, fees and other applicable charges all with a credit card by winner at time of booking.
viii. The prize winner and their travelling companion(s) are responsible for:
. a) Any and all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable local air departure taxes, ground transportation, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight layover, meals and beverages, service charges, inflight meals and entertainment;
. b) Costs incurred to and from the Departure point as the Prize originates and terminates there;
. c) Obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure, if desired;
. d) Obtaining and carrying all necessary travel documentation, such as passports and visas and complying with customs immigrations regulations.
ix. Prizes cannot be sold, converted into cash, are non-transferable and will not be refunded if unused. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions, changes or extensions are permitted.
x. The use of upgrade certificates is not permitted for flights.
xi. Winner must complete a Declaration & Release Form to obtain receipt of the prize, including the requirement to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to be deemed a potential prize winner.
- ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. To be eligible for this contest, an individual must meet the following criteria:
i. Be a legal resident of Canada (except the province of Quebec);
ii. Have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside.
iii. Employees of and immediate family members of any employee of, and persons domiciled with any employee of St. John’s International Airport Authority, Air Canada, and any of their affiliates are not eligible to win this contest. Immediate family is defined as someone’s spouse, parents, grandparents and great- grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother in law and father in law, brothers in law and sisters in law, daughters in law and sons in law, relatives supported financially and adopted, half, and step members.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Contest Rules are subject to disqualification. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at St. John’s International Airport Authority’s and Air Canada’s sole and exclusive discretion. All decisions of St. John’s International Airport Authority are final in all matters relating to this contest. St. John’s International Airport Authority and Air Canada reserve the right to terminate or amend this contest at any time without prior notice. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. St. John’s International Airport Authority and Air Canada are not responsible for damaged, lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete or ineligible entries. All entries and prize claims received become the property of the St. John’s International Airport Authority and will not be returned.
- LEGAL AND PRIVACY INFORMATION: St. John’s International Airport Authority and Air Canada shall not be liable for any losses, damages, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. The winner will consent to the use of all or part of his/her/their entry, his/her/their name, address, photograph or likeness for any publicity purpose connected with this contest, without further compensation other than the prize offered, in perpetuity and worldwide. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrant (s) is providing information to St. John’s International Airport Authority and not to Air Canada, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants must not include any of the following content (the "Content Restrictions") in any entry: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (g) dangerous stunts; (h) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (i) material that promotes bullying, bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (j) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (k) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (l) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any territory/province where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of St. John’s International Airport Authority, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
- INTERNET DISCLAIMER: St. John’s International Airport Authority and Air Canada and its agents are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by St. John’s International Airport Authority on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer, related to or resulting from downloading any materials in this promotion.
- CONTEST RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS: St. John’s International Airport Authority reserves the right to modify scheduling of the contest without prior notice. Contest rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of St. John’s International Airport Authority or Air Canada, or any other entity having jurisdiction over St. John’s International Airport Authority or Air Canada.